email@example.com (240) 645-6553 (cell)
Freelance Producer, Heron Media
College Park, MD, 8/99 – present
- Apple Certified Final Cut Pro editor
- Apple Certified Final Cut Pro instructor
- Camera operator experienced with DV and HDV cameras.
- Instructor for production courses at the Institute for Documentary Filmmaking at the George Washington University.
- Additional tasks included project management, quality assurance,
editorial review of content, and voiceovers.
Multimedia Coordinator, J. F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
Instructional Media Developer, ARTSEDGE
Washington, DC, 10/02 – 06/08
- Responsible for the creation of all audio and video on the Kennedy Center web site, and on ARTSEDGE, the national arts and education web site.
- Create promotional and educational video features by researching subjects, interviewing experts, shooting footage, capturing and editing material, rendering, compressing, and streaming finished clips.
- Create and maintain arts education podcasts.
- Supervised and trained part time staff of video technicians.
- See samples.
Producer, National Geographic Society
Washington, DC, 2/00 – 12/01
- Maintained the Complete NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC product line. Created
the 111 and 112 year versions of National Geographic Magazine on a
32 CD set, plus the 30 year, 10 year, and Year in Review products,
while maintaining the budget and schedule.
- Created a Spanish language demo version
of the Complete NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC. Collaborated with international
partners to create foreign versions of this and other products.
- Coordinated the efforts of outside developers and marketing staff
to bring products from concept design, through product development,
testing, packaging, and distribution.
- Produced audio and video segments for nationalgeographic.com by researching
topics, capturing and editing video, music, and sound effects, and
encoding video and audio to be streamed as Real Media and Windows
Production Manager, ELF, Inc.
Bethesda, MD, 4/97 – 2/00
- Directed all media asset production for multimedia training projects.
Coordinated photo shoots, directed narration and voiceovers, produced
videos, created screen cams, captured and normalized audio, and tracked the status of all media assets.
- Supervised production staff. Assigned projects to Production Coordinators
and tasks to Production Assistants, ensuring that production activities
for all projects were completed as scheduled and budgeted. Interviewed
and mentored new staff, and assisted in the professional development
of all production staff.
- Created web pages for internal and external
projects. Created multi-disk software training applications using
- Led quality assurance teams for all CD-ROMs and Web sites. Wrote
test plans, organized QA teams of up to ten people, maintained version
- Wrote SBIR grant proposal that was awarded for $100,000.
scripts for video and CD-ROM narration, wrote and maintained functional
specifications and design documents.
Coordinator of Foreign Languages, Akademia Istropolitana
Bratislava, Slovakia 1/94 - 12/94
- Supervised staff of six English teachers in the development and delivery
of English curriculum.
- Taught English conversation, grammar, and writing to graduate students
in all departments of the school.
- Recruited teachers and scheduled all foreign language classes.
- Programming Assistant, KEDM, Monroe, LA
Maintained the library of jazz and classical music, ran software reports
to select music for the schedule.
- Board Operator/News Reader, WRVO, Oswego, NY Coordinated local cutaways
during network news broadcasts.
- Experienced with both PCs and Macs.
- Multimedia: Final Cut Pro, Live Type, Soundtrack Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Squeeze, Compressor, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, QuickTime Pro, Fetch, Macromedia Director, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, Adobe Fireworks, Sound Forge, Media Cleaner Pro, Toast, Stuffit InstallerMaker, Microsoft Office, HTML, RSS
- Streaming and Delivery technology: Real Media, QuickTime, Flash, Podcasting
- Playing with Shadows, Macromedia Site of the Day
- POST Learner's First, Best of Show at the Society for Technical
- American Red Cross Notagains: Disaster Preparedness and Response,
finalist, New York Festivals.
- AAA Driver-ZED, Macromedia People's Choice, CINE Golden Eagle, Silver
award from the New York Festivals, finalist for New Media Invision
- Ithaca College, Park School of Communications, Ithaca, NY, 14850
Master of Science, Major: Corporate Communications
- SUNY Oswego, Oswego, NY, 13126 12/91
Bachelor of Arts, Major: Broadcasting/Mass Communications